Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Fall Craft Fun

Fall in Oklahoma is so beautiful this year... the foliage is so colorful and just wonderful... much like autumn in New York!  The other day when we were at the park Stone started collecting leaves to make a pie but I thought it would be so fun to press them in wax paper and have some fun placements for Thanksgiving.  We got busy making them on this storm- threatening afternoon.  

I did the crayon shavings with scissors since I could not find sharpener anywhere in the house! 
Stone carefully chose the leaves for each one. 
Sometimes a bit too many but he still loved putting them on the paper! 
We had an injury in the middle when Stone touched the iron but all is well and he was sucking on the ice pretty quickly... hence the puckered lips in this picture! 
We even made a little one just for Stone.  
We made 7 total and are looking forward to a full table of family, friends and fun at Thanksgiving! 

3 comments:

Damon and Amy said...

Kari, What a great idea! Not that I am surprised as you are the most creative person that I know. Stone is growing up so fast. Can you please stop him from growing up for 3 more months until we get back? I want to make sure he will still let me love on him :) Miss ya! Give our love to the whole fam..

Zoomi said...

Stone is such a lucky child to have you as his mommy. You are super cool creative mom. I need to learn to be like you. I'm afraid that I would be a boring mom...lol.

NandL said...

*BUZZZ*
You are really cool. Lucky... :P
Laura H...