Monday, June 28, 2010

Wacky Weather

Late spring/ early summer has brought some crazy weather... Hail, floods, lightening storms and crazy high temps!

At the end of May we had a crazy hail storm... it caused lots of damage just a few miles south of us! Lj was flying in from Africa that afternoon and thankfully we did not get any damage and Lj was not delayed!

This was the biggest piece we had and I think it is tiny compared to some other sizes reported in the area!
One morning as I was waiting for work to open we had an awesome light storm... my iPhone does not do it justice but it always is amazing and humbling to watch.
A peaceful reminder after a crazy storm!

Then one crazy morning we received about 10 inches of rain in just a few hours... Our pond was at the highest level it has even been at. I was at work and I think it had receded a bit by time I got home and took this picture!
Our pond on a normal day!
This is becoming a normal occurrence here this summer! Poor Stone has not been to the park in a while... just too stinkin' hot! We spend most outdoor time at the pool!

2 comments:

OK Chick said...

The weather has been crazy this summer.

My flowers have pretty much died. I believe first they died due to 10 inches of water, than the 100 degree temps, and now the cool mornings. They don't know what to do, so they just died. Sad.

Alyssa said...

Great rainbow picture!