Friday, May 15, 2009

SonShine School Success!

Last night, Stone had his end of year SonShine School program.  He was so excited to get on stage and sing; his class sang two really fun songs and I enjoyed hearing them over and over again as he practiced them at home, in the car, at the park... everywhere!    
My students did a great job singing their two songs.  One song they sing is about what they want to be when they grow up; I always enjoy seeing what costume they will wear to the show.  They are always so creative and so cute.  
Nine of my students got to walk across stage to get their "diploma".  These students will not be returning to SonShine School in the fall.  They will either move on to first grade or will attend one of the three Edmond schools that will be full day kindergarten.  I was ready to have 6 graduate but at about 1:30 a parent got a tip about the full- day kindergarten starting so we had to add a few more graduates to the line up.  The kiddos handled it great and were real troopers in making the last minute change a success.  I sure will miss my students!  I had a great class of World Explorers this year!  
For the grand finale all the students get on stage and sing two songs they practiced all year in chapel and sign a scripture.  This is by far my favorite part; it is so sweet to hear all of the children singing  and to watch them all sign.  
Stone loves MRCC SonShine School and it is such a blessing for us to be there twice a week.  

*Check out the videos below: they are songs he sang for the program and the sign language!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like a fun program.
What a big boy Stone is.
And the videos you posted of them signing are so cute. I really like hearing the OK wind in the video too.

Lesley said...

i am sooo sad Callon will not be in your class!