Sunday, May 11, 2008

Day 1- Bathtub... Friend or Foe?

The bathtub was the happening place last week at The Ljs...
Soon after I arrived at work on Monday; Lj called me to tell me that Stone has fallen in the tub and cut his chin and he thought he needed stitches!  So, I told my shift supervisor and she sent me on my way telling me not to worry about coming back that they would get my shift covered! I loved my job before but I love it more now... on top of the fact that they went to the trouble of covering my shift I also received a few texts from co-workers saying they were praying for Stone. Anyway, we made our way to the ER... a few awesome doctors, nurses,  4 stitches and 3 hours later we were home. 




On Wednesday, in keeping true to the Oklahoma weather we had a few small tornados touch down near our house!  I was keeping Tyler and Molly when I heard the Tornado sirens go off!  I called Lj to see what the deal was  and he said that he was on his way to get us because the tornado was heading our way... we were going to head to the "safe place" at OC.  He then called a few minutes later to tell me that we should all head to the tub... and they were all heading to the vault in the center of his building. So I told Tyler and Stone get their shoes on and all four of us got in the tub... Molly- 10 weeks, Tyler- 3 1/2, Stone and I!  It was a tight fit but the boys were troopers and did amazingly well! The tornado started heading north about a mile from us and we were all safe!  Praise God!  

No comments: