Sunday, June 07, 2009

A Deal Made Good

Stone said he wanted a new pair of Cowboy boot for his birthday... so a little deal was made.  He could get new boots IF he had a Cowboy themed birthday party. 

Holding true to the deal as soon as Lj was back from Rwanda we headed to Langston's in the Stockyards so Stone could choose his new boots.  He was so excited to finally get a real pair of boots!    
Blinded by the sun but showing he is 4 while holding his new boots!
New boots in hand meant the invites needed to go out. Lj did a great job making this invite.  I sent him the text and he had he invite back to me in 5 minutes... he is quite talented on the computer! 
Party time... the first activity was decorating a boot. Stone, Mac and Natalie had fun with glue and confetti!  
Next up, pin the badge on Stone.  The little ones were a bit confused to have their eyes covered but had fun none-the-less!  
The Three Amigos waiting for the rest of the friends to arrive.  Some were a little late due to naps!   
Next game after the rest of the crew arrived was There is a Snake in my Hat; the kids all tossed a snake in the hat, too cute and too many snkaes flying around!

The Snake game was followed by a water gun Shoot-Out.  I did not take into consideration the relentless Oklahoma wind so we had a bit of a time getting the bottles to stand but still had lots of fun.  
Games were done and it is time for the much anticipated cake! 
Lj always talks about how his Mom made all his cakes so I wanted to carry on that same tradition for Stone.  I learned that as Stone gets older the cakes are going to get a bit more complicated.  I tried my hand at a cut-out cake this year.  I had a great assistance making this boot cake.  My friend, Karen, who is an expert making cakes for all occasions offered to teach me a few techniques to make a cake for Stone.  She did a great job helping me decorate this cake and I just hope she will be willing to help again next year!  
Happy 4th Birthday, Little Man!
Present time... when asked, Stone said his favotire part of the party was opening presents!  He got some pretty fun toys!    
But he said his favorite present was the suitcase... We have a world traveler on our hands! 

6 comments:

NandL said...

Awwwww, that looks like such a fun party! Happy Birthday, Stone ^-^
I really like the tradition of making cakes for birthdays. My mom made several of our cakes when we ere little, and those are good memories. I didn't realize until recently, but I think the kids (even little ones) really appreciate it! DJ has asked for a number 4 cake... ^-^ Here I go!
Laura H...

Alyssa said...

We want to wish you happy birthday, it is your birthday all day long...Happy 4th Stone! And great job on the cake Kari!!

Laura said...

The party looks like fun. That is a great cake Kari! (BTW, you look fantastic!!!)

Rachel said...

What a fun looking party. You did a great job planning, Kari. Everything sounds so fun. And the cake looks great. I really enjoy making birthday cakes for my kids too. (Ok, actually I really like planning their parties too. I think I'm a little out of the ordinary for that...well and many other reasons too.)
Anyway, looks like so much fun. And new boots too!
Carly also has a little suitcase like that. She loves to load it up and play airport. She sometimes wants me to wrap up her baby dolls like they're in a front pack. I guess that's to be expected when you live in a town you can only get out of by boat or plane.
Rachel

Damon and Amy said...

Kari,

What a fun party! I can't believe Stone is 4..amazing! The cake you made was beautiful and by the way...that is a really pretty picture of you holding the cake. See you soon.

Jason said...

Very cool! Happy Birthday, Stone! And great invitation, LJ! Kari, nice deal and thanks for sharing.