Thursday, April 27, 2006

A Mommy Moment

Last week I had a mommy moment... I was cooking dinner and Stone was where he usually is while I make dinner… on my heels. He was standing and trying to reach anything he could… well he succeeded and managed to grab and pull down my bottle of water… not your average 16 ounces of water… no this was a whole liter of water that I had just filled up… he immediately started to play in the water and squealed with glee… but I immediately picked him up as I said ‘Stooooone’! Then I took a moment to think about it… I could just clean up the mess and forget about it or I could let him play in the water (the floor needed to be mopped anyway) and take pictures. I did the latter. He had so much fun… splashing and hitting the floor… after a while I got two towels and we cleaned it up “together”?!

I learned my lesson though… Stone can reach the top of the table now and I need to be mindful of that but more importantly seizing the moment and enjoying life as a toddler was fun and quite enjoyable.

Here are some pictures of him enjoying the water!

No comments: