Friday, April 21, 2006

My Mom!

My sister emailed the other day and my mom broke her leg two weeks ago… she went to the doctor with what she thought was a MS flare-up and it turns out she has a broken her leg and also a few other ailments. I am sure she will be in the hospital for a while with rehab and all that other kinds of stuff… physically she has to be able to do a few things and her strength is not up to par right now because of the MS. Times like this are when I wish I lived closer so I could help with everything my mom and sister will have to deal with. I know I can encourage and pray for her from Japan but I wish I could ease the burden my sister will feel trying to make sure everything is taken care of.

Here is a picture of Stone and my mom in February.

2 comments:

Jason said...

So sorry to hear about your Mom, Kari. I understand the different 'burden' you feel when you are far from family members needing extra care, and when siblings have to carry more of an immediate burden. You will be able to provide your mom with a different and special kind of support though. Prayers for you during this time.

mark, charity, freedom, & courage said...

From the look on both of their faces, you have given your mom a gift that will last and last. Memories like this one can ease pain and brighten dark moments. Thoughts of this little guy bring a smile to the soul while Christ brings healing.